The Improvement Foundation (IF) is a not-for-profit organisation. We provide expertise in the development and delivery of quality improvement techniques, such as the Collaborative methodology, to bring about small and large system change. We support improvement work by providing specialist change management advice, and leading edge IT systems, which enable robust measurement of improvement efforts.
What we do
- We work in partnership with organisations and their frontline staff to help improve their services, enhance their systems, and to work more efficiently.
- We use established improvement methods to give people the skills and knowledge they need to make on-going and sustainable improvements.
- A culture of continuous improvement, learning, participation and partnership is at the heart of everything we do.
The Improvement Foundation (Australia) Ltd was established in Adelaide as an Australian not-for-profit organisation and registered as an Australian public company on 30 November 2006. Formed initially as a subsidiary of the UK Improvement Foundation, IF has continued access to all Improvement Foundation intellectual property. For more information about the UK Improvement Foundation's achievements, please click here.
IF has successfully developed and delivered multi-million dollar nationwide programs, as well as one-day quality improvement workshops. Our programs are tailored to achieve and measure, sustainable results.
We specialise in:
- Developing and delivering large scale primary healthcare improvement collaboratives (based on the IHI Breakthrough Collaboratives Methodology) producing rapid, whole system change, using data collection and reporting to benefit service providers and their clients. Click here to read about the Australian Primary Care Collaboratives Program.
- Developing and managing IT infrastructure to support quality improvement programs. We have developed an innovative web based reporting and measurement system, enabling clients to measure for improvement within a safe and secure online environment. Click here to read more about this system, 'OCHREStreams', developed specifically for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health services.
- Providing quality improvement skills training for a range of professionals, frontline staff and service users. Click here to read about our training and workshops.
- Tailoring quality improvement techniques to reduce inequalities and support the development of communities. Click here to read about tailored services like the GP Plus Practice Nurse Initiative.
Click here to find out what we mean by 'quality'.
Click here to download the Improvement Foundation Corporate Brochure
The Improvement Foundation (Australia) Ltd
is an ISO certified organisation.
Last Updated 09 November 2011